Sunday, June 21, 2009

Creative or crazy?

By: Anne Robinson
twitter.com/amr8798

Recently, I've been branching out on my spectrum of designers I like to follow. It's a fact that my days are better when I'm wearing my Marc Jacob's Daisy perfume, but I realize it's time to explore new collections. So, in my attempt to learn more about unfamiliar fashion styles, I've come across some creative (or crazy, I haven't quite decided) designs.
Many designers have proven that you don't need a lot of fabric to create something fabulous. The WLIFW- Wills Lifestlye India Fashion Week- which highlighted upcoming Indian designer, Neeta Bhargava, showed a "botanic doodles" collection (shown here) that involved a lot of paint and artistry, but not much fabric.



If you are feeling really daring, give up your Jimmy Choo shoes and try a pair from German designer, Annejet Koster's artistic shoe collection. They are certainly one of a kind. And to give you a little insight into the mindset of her designs...her website is called 'Experiment' which explains..alot! I can't help but think that she got sidtracked and forgot to finish these shoes.



Now, here is one I like. Jeremy Scott (who joined the fashion world in 1997) works on collections that are said to be "more conceptual than wearable". He is best known for his clam-shaped dresses and one legged pants...so I guess that phrase about how everyone puts their pants on, one leg at a time, doesn't really apply here. If nothing else, he has shown the world that anyone with an old trash can in their yard can be a fashion designer.



And let's be honest, what woman would ever wear a skirt resembling a tape measure with the number 50 on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment